tag: Lady Law Student: The Results are in.....

Wednesday 6 July 2016

The Results are in.....

The Results are in....

Finally, after what seems like an absolute age, I have received my exam results and I can happily announce that I got...*drum roll* ....a High 2:1. I'm so happy with the results and massively relieved that I've got 40% of my degree sorted. This year I did feel like I had taken on a little bit too much and I was worried that it would be my grades that suffered. While I am glad that I still managed to gain the grade I wanted, I will still be cutting back for my third year. Each year it gets tougher as they cut more and more student grants which means I have to pick up more and more hours, however sadly this is the reality for a lot of students. So to all you students working crazy hours to fund your studies I salute you, I fully appreciate how hard it is and it will all be worth it in the end. I cant wait to graduate next year and celebrate how hard I've worked.

Time to Celebrate


So to celebrate I have had a little pamper session, after a week of amazing food, wine and gelato, my skin was a bit of a mess. I suffer with breakouts a lot but the past few months I've been eating super healthy and working out lots and my skin had cleared right up. However, sadly on the week of my big birthday and engagement my skin was a disaster, luckily covered in all pictures by Clinique Beyond Perfecting  in 0.5 Breeze (this foundation is amazing). I will admit it isn't the cheapest at £25.00, however one bottle lasts forever and it covers all sins. I came home determined to sort my skin out, and as if fate would have it my lovely friend, Miss Laura, had sent me a little birthday parcel including some lush face mask.

Lush face mask

This face mask is AMAZING, I used it once and my skin the next day was 100% better, the face mask is called Mask of Magnaminty. It has the most incredibly minty smell which is beautiful, fresh and clean, all lush products smell amazing so that's hardly a surprise. The other thing I absolutely love about this is that its self preserving, I love Lush face masks but I struggle to use all the product before I have to throw it away so the fact that this one doesn't go off as quickly is a massive plus, which is also a plus for my purse!! I'm sure you all know how to use a face mask, but if you don't, 
I applied it to clean makeup free skin and left it on for the recommended 15 minutes, and then I removed it with warm water and a flannel. My skin felt amazing afterwards so thank you to Laura and Lush your both my favourites this week!!

My second pamper purchases

This week I sadly ran out my favourite blusher Benefit Dandelion , I love love love this blusher but on my student budget I can't afford to splash out at the moment. That being said it does last a very long time so if your willing to spend a touch more and treat your self it is worth it as this blusher has lasted me forever (and I wear makeup most days). So on my day off this week I decided to find a high street dupe, I searched Superdrug (which currently has 3 for 2) and picked up three new blushers. The closest match was Barry M - Make Me Blush Powder Blusher in Fairy Cake, it is such a pretty pink and is super buildable.



Fairy Cake

However seeing as it was 3 for 2 I also picked up some beautiful triple baked blushers from I Heart Makeup Factory , first of all the packaging for these products are too cute I saw them and just had to have them. Price wise they are only £4.99 which I thought was too good to pass up, and finally the colours are super pretty shimmery perfection. So I picked up the Queen of Hearts and Iced Hearts, the first is a pink shimmery colour which I will probably use for evening blush or on holiday in Rome. The second is a light shimmery highlighter which looks so delicate on top of my new Barry M blusher. I highly recommend taking a look at both of these products.


Blushing hearts - Candy Queen Hearts

 

Blushing Hears - Iced Hearts

 

Finally..my favourite purchase

I am a massive Harry Potter fan, so I can't believe its taken me this long to finally purchase so Harry Potter Pyjamas . Primark pyjama's are my favourite, they are cheap, comfy and come in the best designs and when I saw these I just had to have them!! I forgot to upload a picture of them but there is a picture of them on my Instagram @katdolly.

That's all from me this week, sorry if its been super long and rambling. I've tried to include more links so you can see where I get everything from.

Hope you all have a wonderful week and you get to enjoy some beautiful sunshine. Sending love and hugs.

Lady Law Student
xxx












2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on achieving a 2:1 this year :) Sounds like you celebrated just right with all these lovely buys!
    Jennifer x
    Ginverella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and an extra special double thank you for being the first comment on my blog.
      Cat x

      Delete